We embrace the idea that diversity is the secret to member satisfaction. Which is why Bladium offers so many fitness options and sports programs. Bladium encourages members to participate in a mix of activities to keep things interesting and fun. We’re committed to improving our programs to help our members reach their specific goals. Most of all, we want everyone to enjoy each and every visit.
Brad Shook and David Walsh started the first Bladium location in 1995 with a passion for sports and a desire to provide a place for active families to thrive. They currently operate facilities in California and Colorado.
President Bladium Sports & Fitness Club
CEO Bladium Sports & Fitness Club
Bladium Sports & Fitness Club
800 W Tower Ave
Alameda, CA 94501
Easter – 7:00am–2:00pm
Memorial Day – 7:00am – 2:00pm
Independence Day – 7:00am – 2:00pm
Labor Day – 7:00am-2:00pm
Halloween – Open
Thanksgiving – 7:00am–2:00pm
Day After Thanksgiving – Open
Christmas Eve – 7:00am – 2:00pm
Christmas Day – Closed
New Year’s Eve – 7:00am – 2:00pm
New Year’s Day – 7:00am – 2:00pm
(Last updated 05/16/22)
Bladium is a proud member of the local community we serve, and we wish to provide an environment within its club, where all members and guests feel welcomed, respected, and safe. Bladium expects all members and guests to act in an acceptable, responsible, and professional manner while they are in the club. Bladium has a zero-tolerance policy regarding inappropriate conduct. Such conduct may include (but is not limited to) loud, boisterous, lewd, obscene, or indecent conduct or expressions, profanity (in any language), harassment, discrimination, intimidation, threats, bullying, or offensive language and/or behaviors. Members are also responsible for the conduct of their children and guests. Bladium expects that all members will respect this policy and also respect all Bladium staff members at all times.
If you are witness to or directly experience any inappropriate conduct while at Bladium, please contact the General Manager immediately. Bladium reserves the right to suspend or terminate the privileges of customers and guests who do not conform to Bladium’s code of conduct.
We are committed to providing a caring, friendly, and safe environment for all of our children so they can learn, and socialize in a secure atmosphere. Bullying of any kind is unacceptable and will not be tolerated at Bladium. If bullying does occur, all children should be able to tell and know that any and all incidents will be dealt with promptly and effectively.
What is Bullying?
The use of aggression with the intent of hurting others. Bullying can be any of the following below.
- Emotional (being unfriendly, excluding, or tormenting others)
- Physical (pushing, kicking, hitting, etc. others)
- Racist (racial taunts, graffiti, or gestures)
- Sexual (comments or unwanted physical contact)
- Verbal (name-calling, sarcasm, spreading rumors, or teasing)
- Cyber (any and all virtual misuse or inappropriate conduct through technology)
Why is it Important to Respond to Bullying?
Bullying hurts, no one deserves to be a victim of bullying, and everyone has the right to be treated with respect regardless of any differences. People who bully others need to learn different ways of behaving and Bladium has a responsibility to respond promptly and effectively to any and all issues of bullying.
- We will review the situation and talk to all parties involved to find out what happened.
- Once we have determined what happened, the bully or bullies will be asked to genuinely apologize. Other consequences may take place.
- The children will be reconciled.
- After the incident/ incidents have been investigated and dealt with, each case will be monitored to ensure repeated bullying does not take place.
- If serious, We will reach out to the parents of all parties involved. A class suspension would be considered.