Our aim is to help to produce the very best goalkeepers in the United States by providing a professional atmosphere in conjunction with the latest in international-level training methods.
We offer a program for younger, less experienced goalkeepers because they have different physical, psychological and technical needs than professional players. Goalkeepers at this level are guided with emphasis on technical perfection, proper fundamentals and the beginnings of tactical awareness.
Work on all aspects of positioning, communication, goalkeeper psychology, fitness and methodology for training goalkeepers will be addressed. There will also be sessions dealing with the following topics:
- Basic handling.
- Training goalkeepers to make diving saves.
- resolving the through-ball and breakaway saves.
- Dealing with all aspects of flank attacks.
- commanding the penalty area.
- Learning how to win the space behind the defense.
- Training the team and goalkeeper on backpass situations.
- Developing the goalkeeper’s ability to distribute.
- Teaching goalkeepers how to read the game, how to organize the defense and how to control game tempo.
*A Free Assessment is for those new to the program, trying it out for the first time. Other restrictions may apply.